- 2 x 100 g firm feta blocks
- 280 g fine green beans, trimmed and steamed
- 350 g mini cucumbers, halved lengthways
- 2–3 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 Woolworths Romaine lettuce hearts
- 5 g fresh mint, for sprinkling
- For the dressing and marinade, whisk:
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1½ t Dijon mustard
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 8 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh mint, finely chopped
- honey, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Pat dry the feta and marinate in half the dressing.
2. Toss the beans, cucumbers and celery in the remaining marinade.
3. Before serving, drain the feta and vegetables, reserving the dressing for the washed and dried lettuce leaves.
4. Arrange the dressed lettuce on a platter, then spoon over the vegetables. Break the feta and add to the platter and scatter with mint.
Cook’s note: “This fresh, minty salad, with a good mix of crisp ingredients, is a versatile addition to your lunch or dinner menu and will complement any protein.”