- 1 small onion
- 1 celery rib
- 1 small green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, white pepper and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Finely chop vegetables. In a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in seasonings and pepper sauce.
- Cut several slits in roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Spoon onion mixture between slits and over the top of meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and pour into a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with roast.